PhD positions in BioRobotics and BioEngineering
The University of Florence is seeking candidates interested in performing PhD research activities in BioRobotics and BioEngineering topics at the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Florence, Italy.
Two PhD positions are available on the following research topics:
1. Research and development in multi-modal behaviour models for Human Robot Interaction and social decision making in biomedical contexts
2. Research and development in Ultra-portable AI-based sensor systems for biomechanical and neurophysiological assessment in neurodegenerative disorders
The expected start date is October 2022.
The successful candidate should be motivated to work and have a strong background and/or interest in:
• integration of IoT devices and robots on open platforms with interoperable approaches
• development of interfaces for teleoperation applications
• development of firmware for STM32 uC, including Bluetooth 5.x applications
• development of ROS-based / (c++, python) robot capabilities in human robot interaction
• design of experimental framework for data acquisition
• development of algorithms for movement analysis for motor skills assessment
• development of algorithms for physiological data
• data processing and machine learning
Successful candidates should have good communication and project management skills. Conference and journal publications are desirable.
Applications should be sent following instructions at the following link https://www.unifi.it/p12202.html (deadline 20/07/2022). Other details are also available here: https://www.unifi.it/upload/sub/dottorati/38/15_ing_ind_eng.pdf
The position is funded by the Minister of Research and University (MUR) and the Horizon 2020 project “Pharaon – pilots for active and healthy ageing” (https://www.pharaon.eu/). Further information on the project could be asked to Prof. Filippo Cavallo (email@example.com).
Call type: PhD position
Call field: Biorobotics
Call closing date: 20.07.2022
Website: Dottorati di Ricerca XXXVIII UNIFI