Network Science is a new paradigm of study to understand complex systems including biological interactions. Pharmacology and drug discovery leverage network biology advances for a better understanding of the complex interactions between drugs, targets and disease, for designing new molecule, and for identifying drugs to be successfully repurposed. More recently, graph neural networks expressed to be a potential game changer in deciphering the inherent complex interaction patterns in complex networks.
IEEE BIBM – NSAIBHI workshop aims to bring together researchers as well as practitioners and students to share ideas, results (even in first stage), about network embedding and analysis to study biological data.
The workshop intends to highlight novel research in the area of network science, network biology and network medicine coupled with representation learning and its application to biology, medicine, and pharmacology. The focus is on, but not limited to, the following broad areas:
1. Network Representation Learning
2. Graph Convolution Neural Network
3. Network Embedding
4. Heterogeneous network integration
5. Network Alignment
4. Disease module detection
5. Network Drug Discovery and Repurposing
How to submit:
• Electronic submission of full papers: Aug, 21, 2022
• Notification of paper acceptance: Oct 21, 2022
• Main conference Camera-ready of accepted papers: Nov 12, 2022
• Workshop Paper Camera-ready of accepted papers: Nov 12, 2022
All workshop accepted papers and posters will appear in the IEEE Conference Proceedings (https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conhome/1001586/all-proceedings)
A special issue on a Scopus Indexed Journal is planned, negotiations are in progress, journals will be communicated in a upcoming announcement.
Conference: IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics & Biomedicine BIBM 2022
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Date: December 6-9, 2022
• Pietro Hiram Guzzi, University of Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy, email: hguzzi AT unicz.it
• Manuela Petti, Sapienza University of Rome, email: manuela.petti AT uniroma1.it
• Swarup Roy, Sikkim University, India, email: sroy01 AT cus.ac.in
• Paolo Tieri, CNR Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche and Sapienza University of Rome, email: paolo.tieri AT cnr.it